Home > fire, Hatboro, Police > Witness: Firework Caused Fire Scare

Witness: Firework Caused Fire Scare

Members of Hatboro’s Enterprise Fire Company and the Warminster Fire Department rushed to reports of smoke coming from the roof of a twin home off Earl Lane in Hatboro shortly after midnight Saturday morning.

Witnesses to the incident told BuxMontNews.com Sunday that neighbors who were holding a party began shooting off fireworks to ring in the new year shortly after midnight, one firework landed on the roof and smoke was spotted coming from the roof of the home.

Volunteer firefighters along with members of the Second Alarmers Rescue Squad responded to the scene and used ladders to check the roof of the home, no fire was discovered.

Hatboro police said Sunday they could not comment on whether the display was permitted prior to the event by the borough or whether any citations were issued.

Advertisements
Categories: fire, Hatboro, Police
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: